Summer is almost here! If you’re looking for a refreshing drink to cool you down this summer, heres a diabetic-friendly recipe from Diabetes Self Management:
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, stems removed, divided
- 1 packet (1/4 ounce) of unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons of cold water
- 2 tablespoons of boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups of reduced-fat (2%) milk
- 1/2 cup of frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Cut 1 cup strawberries into thin slices; place in bottom of 6 (8-ounce) dessert bowls or custard cups.
- Combine gelatin and cold water in small bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Add boiling water to softened gelatin; stir until completely dissolved.
- Combine milk, orange juice concentrate and vanilla in medium bowl; mix well. Let stand at room temperature 20 minutes. Stir in gelatin mixture until well blended. Pour evenly over sliced strawberries in bowls. Refrigerate 2 hours, or until completely set.
- Slice remaining 1 cup strawberries; arrange on top of each dessert.
Nutritional Information: (makes 6 servings)
Calories: 89 calories
Carbohydrates: 16 g
Protein: 4 g
Fat: 1 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 5 mg
Sodium: 29 mg
Fiber: 1 g