Call to Speak to an Expert
If the stairs in your home are becoming increasingly difficult to navigate, you might consider installing a residential elevator. While this option is more expensive than other mobility tools, such as stair lifts, it is also the most versatile and permanent solution to mobility challenges:
- Most homes can be outfitted with an elevator for around $10,000 to $15,000, which may sound like a lot of money, but it is considerably cheaper than relocating to a one-story home or paying for a homecare assistant.
- Residential elevators only take up about 12-15 square feet, yet they come with weight capacities of up to 1,000 pounds.
- An elevator can be a smart investment that helps you get around and adds to the value of your home.
If you are dealing with relatively minor mobility challenges and simply need help transporting loads between the levels of your home, a dumbwaiter may be the perfect solution for you. Consider the following advantages:
- Can carrying heavy loads of up to 200 pounds up and down the stairs of your home
- Takes up very little space in your home
- Can be installed in a day
- Come in do-it-yourself installation kits for the home handyman
- Will help reduce your risk of injury due to strains or falls
- Economical option with prices starting under $3,000