- 6 eggs
- 1/4 ounce cup of (1%) low-fat cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoons of fat-free ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons of minced fresh chives or dill
- 1 tablespoon of diced well-drained pimiento or roasted red pepper
- Place eggs in medium saucepan and add enough water to cover 1-inch of the saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Remove from heat and let stand 15 minutes.
- Drain the saucepan. Add cold water to eggs in saucepan and let stand until eggs are cool. Drain and peel the eggs.
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks, setting aside 3 yolk halves. Discard remaining yolks. Place egg whites, cut sides up, on serving plate and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- Make the filling: combine cottage cheese, dressing, mustard and the yolks that were set aside in food processor or blender. Blend until smooth. If you do not have a food processor or blender, place ingredients in small bowl and mash with a fork until well blended.
- Transfer yolk and cheese mixture to small bowl. Stir in chives and pimiento. Spoon the filling onto the egg white halves. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Calories: 44 calories
Carbohydrates: 1 g
Protein: 4 g
Fat: 3 g
Cholesterol: 27 g
Sodium: 96 mg
Fiber: 1 g