Ten Reasons to Choose AmeriGlide Stair Lifts
- Quality: AmeriGlide refuses to have the quality of our stair lifts surpassed by any manufacturer. We back our quality up with a 10-Year Drive Train Warranty and a 5-Year Parts Warranty. Please see the warranty section of our site for details.
- Reliability: Each part of the AmeriGlide stairway lift has been designed to make sure you can depend on your lift when you need it most. Little things have been added such as a power indicator light on the track assuring you that unit is ready to use. The aircraft cable in the drive system is rated 4,200 lbs. breaking strength. A spare fuse is located under the 115-volt plug so you can replace it yourself if necessary. The motor and gear have been tested in excess of 30,000 cycles equal to 16 years of use and neither showed excessive wear. Last but not least, AmeriGlide stair lifts do not have circuit boards which are prone to failure for a host of reasons from power surges and lightning strikes, to poor construction.
- Minimal Maintenance: As strange as this may sound for a mechanical device, AmeriGlide Stair Lifts require minimal maintenance. The track should be lubricated every 4-6 months. Nothing more! Unlike most lifts that have gearboxes with vent plug, the gearbox on the AmeriGlide stairlift is completely sealed, preventing the possibility of oil leaking onto your carpet. Also, virtually all other lifts use rack and pinion gears to drive the lift. These must be lubricated with dust-collecting grease to prevent damage from occurring. AmeriGlide’s cable drive system does not require lubrication, allowing you to leave dust-collecting grease in the garage.
- Peace of Mind: No safety concern was overlooked when designing AmeriGlide stairway lifts. Footrest safety sensors will stop the lift if it happens to encoutner an obstruction. The seat is equipped with a seat belt and a safety switch that prevents the unit from running unless the seat is in its proper position. Limit switches automatically shut the unit off in the same place at the top and bottom of the stairs.
- Comfort/Safety: The AmeriGlide stairlift has a wide, thick, padded seat that folds up when not in use. The large rocker switch on the arm of your choice and a 180-degree swivel seat make using the lift simple. The fold-up footrest adjusts give your feet support and the backrest makes sure you are as comfortable as possible. Every facet of the lift was designed to enable you to relax and enjoy using your AmeriGlide Stairlift.
- Flexibility: The AmeriGlide stairway lift can be placed on either side of a staircase, and the unit control can be placed in either arm. By adding or cutting the track, you can modify the length of the unit should you ever need to relocate. Standard call controls are mounted on the floor at each end of the staircase and can be placed on the wall and operated by hand. Either location allows you to call the lift to you regardless of where the lift is on the track. This flexibility enhances the resale value of the lift, and yes, the warranty is transferable should you decide to resell your lift!
- Easy Installation: AmeriGlide stairlifts were designed and engineered from start to finish with homeowner installation as the end objective. The result is a stairlift that is unsurpassed in ease of installation. The heaviest part of the lift is 100 pounds allowing for a true one man installation. We have eliminated any stripping or connecting of individual wires and created a system that simplifies installation of the base unit onto the track.
- Technical Support/Service: Our technical department is open Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:30pm. We will not be surpassed by any manufacturer in service or support.
- Warranty: Our warranty is unsurpassed in the industry. We offer the only 5 year warranty on 100% of the component parts of our lift. No exceptions, no exclusions, no games!
- Value: The AmeriGlide stairlift is the best value in the industry today. Of course, we have the best price, but value is more than just price. We also provide all the elements that create value for our customers, including quality, service, support, reliability, and warranty.
We want to thank you for considering AmeriGlide as your stair lift solution. You can pay more for a stair lift, but you can't buy more value than AmeriGlide Stairlifts. Let us help you regain your freedom with an AmeriGlide stairlift.