AmeriGlide now offers our tub and shower conversion kits without an installation cost for customers who prefer to perform their bath conversions on their own! This option is available at checkout; by default, when you purchase a bath conversion kit from us, the installation will be included, but you can remove the installation fee prior to finalizing your order when shopping online (or you can simply ask our product specialist to remove the option if you call in your order).
A do-it-yourself installation of a bath conversion kit is actually fairly easy, provided you have the right tools. However, we recommend reviewing the list of items needed (found below) before making the decision to do a DIY install of an AmeriGlide conversion kit. The reason for this is that in some cases, the cost you would incur by going out and purchasing the tools you need might eclipse the cost of the installation. If you don't do a lot of home improvement projects that would help you get additional use out of these tools in the future, you may want to save yourself the trouble and expense and simply let our installers perform the conversion instead.
Tools Required to Install an AmeriGlide Shower or Tub Conversion Kit (with range of suggested retail prices):
- Protective wear for eyes, ears, and nose - $20.00 or more, depending on how protective the gear is
- Drill and drill bits - $50.00 - $100.00
- Jigsaw with 2-inch blade - $50.00 - $150.00
- Reciprocating saw with metal blades - $100.00 - $200.00
- Side grinder with 4-inch diamond blade and dust muzzle - $100.00 - $300.00
- Shop vacuum with filter and paper bag (dual filter system) - $150.00 - $200.00; replacement filters are about $15.00 each
- White silicon bathtub caulk - $5.00 - $15.00, varying by brand
- Small mirror
- Paper towels